Tuesday, January 22, 2008

In the beginning...

We'll start this with the obvious question: why oh why would I want to start yet another meaningless blog in a sea of blogs that are already extremely effective at lacking meaning? Well, the reasons are both complicated and simple.

First, as a technical person, I feel that I should finally integrate myself into online society. That means posting a blog so that I can send the link to all of my friends and acquaintances and then, by occasionally posting things about my life and opinions and reading the subsequent comments, pretend that I have a rich social life. Neat, huh?

The second and more personal reason is that I love to write. I have no idea why, but I do. Unfortunately, I lack the creativity to do fiction (or so I've been told by several fine publications anyway). I figure I can write here and get it out of my system without subjecting anyone to having to proofread supernatural tales of questionable quality.

So there it is. I'll show up and rant about something. If someone feels like reading it they can, and if they are compelled to comment, they can do that too. I am moderating the comments, but only to prevent spam and perhaps cut out the dirty words (which I will correctly replace with #*$&%, Mad Magazine style). If anyone has anything they want me to talk about, and I mean anything, feel free to ask. Otherwise, you get random wierdness.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Roger leaves out the dirty words because he has a fantastic vocabulary and doesn't need them! He's able to express himself without them. He's grrrreat!!!
-bjs

Roger said...

That's half true. I mostly leave them out because I like the punishment of trying to find a better way of saying something. My principal in high school once told me that there's always a better way of saying it. I actually disagree (there are time's when only "dammit" will to, as in "dammit, Grandma"), but it's an interesting challenge in light of my occasionally salty speaking style.

Anonymous said...

"Roger leaves out the dirty words because he has a fantastic vocabulary and doesn't need them! He's able to express himself without them. He's grrrreat!!!"

F**k that.