Friday, August 15, 2008

Regrets...I've Had a Few

And now, without further ado (and in no particular order), I present things I regret

Cutting up jalapeno peppers and then going to the bathroom without washing my hands first.

Mouthing off at work that I knew the best way to do something. I did, but now I actually have to do it, and teach everyone else how to as well. It would have been a lot easier to just let everyone do it the wrong way.

Eating Quest Doritos.

Ever hesitating to tell my wife how much I love her and how much she means to me out of fear that I might sound silly or contrite.

Coming in from outside in the winter and then going to the bathroom without warming my hands first.

Losing my patience with my kids.

Eating an entire Mancino's meatball sub and drinking a two liter of Mountain Dew in one sitting while watching a zombie movie. I totally should have had Pepsi.

Ignoring dad's last email.

Not always being more understanding about the lifestyle choices of others, with the exception of furries, who remain &#^%ing freaks.

Frequently choosing to write about something funny rather than how I feel, because I assume that, just like in real life, if I actually tell you how I feel about things regularly, you'll lose interest and stop coming here.

Not being prepared enough for the impending zombie apocalypse. (For God's sake, I haven't even bought a machete).

I'm sure there's more, but you know, I try not to be someone who sits around regretting things. I'd prefer to take whatever information I can glean from a mistake I've made and move on, hopefully wiser. Why bother myself with something that's done and over with when I can just let it go? It's bad enough that there are things that, no matter your attitude, simply can't be shaken off or forgotten.

Quest Doritos - the flavor still haunts my taste buds to this day.

2 comments:

Jasen said...

"Eating an entire Mancino's meatball sub and drinking a two liter of Mountain Dew in one sitting while watching a zombie movie. I totally should have had Pepsi."

I have very fond memories of being on deaths door because of a sandwich and large amounts of sugar water.

Roger said...

Heh. I wondered if you would remember that, or if it would be blocked like a traumatic injury. Good times.