Wednesday, August 20, 2008

With Matching Spats On Their Little Paws

Today saw the first major casualty of my now full blown illness. Instead of working out over my lunch break, as I had planned to, I'm working through and nursing a serious NyQuil hangover from last night. I haven't even been able to take any more medicine for fear that I'll pass out or go hallucinogenic or something. I'm having enough trouble at work right now. I don't need to start ranting about the walls melting and the floor being covered in multicolored mice wearing vests. Always, always with those damned, tiny vests.

Anyways, I packed up my gym bag this morning with every intention of working out, but it's not going to happen. Right now, I want nothing more than to be home in bed. I'm not sure I'd even play video games. I think today is more of a hide under the covers watching bad television day.

The thing is, when this happens, part of me feels like I'm copping out. I really should take it easy, but I find so many creative reasons not to work out that the genuine ones feel faked. Silly, but true.

Ah well, at least I've got a mountain of work to take my mind off of feeling crummy. Hopefully the NyQuil will wear off before I go home and I can at least hang out with the family without being completely spaced out. Somehow I don't think they appreciate how I've perfected the "I'm not feeling good" thousand yard stare when they're trying to tell me a story.

No comments: