Monday, August 24, 2009

As a Former Ninja, This Disgusts Me

I do my best not to be too quick to judge someone else's job performance. I'm sure we all have experiences that mold how we approach a task, and who am I to say which ideas are better than others. Nevertheless, once in a while I do see something that forces me to ask just what the hell someone was thinking. Today is such a day.

See, I was expecting a package from UPS, and according to the tracking information, it was sent out today. I was a little nervous, because the package I was expecting was large, and I was afraid they might not leave it, as they tend to leave things under our welcome mat and this was definitely not going to fit. I saw that it had been delivered and, as it was kind of a pricey thing to leave on the front step, went home to retrieve it. As I walked out, I joked with my coworkers about how it would probably be under the welcome mat. Well, when I got home, this is what I found:

My delivery

I'm not sure just what his intention was with this one. Is he welcoming someone to steal my package? Is this an instance of hiding something in plain sight? Or is he perhaps an ex-agent of the Wolfenstien academy of subterfuge and he really believes that, under the guise of an innocent welcome mat, no one will notice the huge freaking four-foot box.

My delivery from the side

One thing is for sure - his future with the espionage community is done for.

No comments: