Monday, October 5, 2009

I Hope They Were Recording It - They Can Use It For Samuel L. Jackson's Next Screenplay

You know what I love? I love the fact that many companies have replaced the old standard automated answering systems where you press numbers to navigate menus to the new ones where you talk to them. This combines many of my favorite things like listening to crappy, ambient music no one would intentionally listen to, being misunderstood by a machine after I say exactly what it told me to, and cursing out machines, which in my defense is actually part of my job (a lot of people who drop out early in the Computer Science program miss out on the advanced machine cursing classes, which is why we professionals seem so good at it). These systems are far more efficient than the old ones. It used to take me like five, maybe six menus before I was ready to kill someone before.

Now, I'm pretty much ready to lay waste to humanity the first time I hear "I'm sorry, I didn't catch that".

No comments: