Wednesday, October 14, 2009

I'm Not A Doctor, But I Advise Like One On TV

So, I'm reading one of the many blogs I follow, and this one on vaccinations and the people who protest them got me thinking about something important I've been meaning to mention to you guys. I understand that we here in America have an odd celebrity culture, and that we tend to idolize people for...bizarre reasons. It is because of this that I must pass along the following knowledge:

Celebrities are just people, and therefore are just as likely to be ignorant morons as anyone else.



Seriously you guys, I don't trust celebrity endorsements of snack foods and cooking machines (see above), much less medical advice. They are entertainers, not unlike clowns or that guy at the bus stop who will dance for a buck and a quarter (best money you'll ever spend). This is not to say they're all ignorant, but if you want to know if you, or your children, should be getting vaccinated or taking vitamins or seeing a psychiatrist or whatever, ask a %#$&ing medical professional. Do not trust Bill Mahar, Amanda Peet, or even Bill Frist. As much as I would love to leave those who need this advice to your own devices, and thus let natural selection work its magic, I feel that your kids should get a fighting chance.

On the bright side, we can look forward to a future full of interesting reality television like "I'm a Celebrity With Polio, Get Me Out Of Here. And By 'Here', I Mean This Bed.".

No comments: