Wednesday, December 9, 2009

The Of Course Leads To My Other Great Idea: Fez Book

As near the end of the aughts, as I shall heretofore refer to the previous decade, I fear we have failed at producing a single meaningful contribution to the fashion industry. Actually, scratch that - the youth of our nation has failed to produce a single meaningful contribution to the fashion industry. As an older individual, I can look back on the decade before this, and take pride in our inclusion of both hip hop fashion and the whole grunge thing (or as I like to call it, 'layering'). Pity the high top fade fell out of favor, but what can you do?

Anyway, as I am wont to do, I will pick up the slack for those around me who lack the inspiration to put forth brave new ideas and give you a helpful suggestion: the fez. For too long the fez has been pushed to the back of the American fashion scene, relegated to foreign restaurant waitstaff, grown men driving tiny cars in parades, and of course, monkeys. Well, it's time to correct that. We need someone who is more artistically creative than myself to reinvent the fez, and you don't have a lot of time. Thanks to MTV, you can still start a trend in less than two weeks, so if you're quick you can make it. Maybe a goth fez or something - I don't know. You work out the details.

Monkey in a fez

Of course we'll never pull of the look as well as the monkeys, but it will be something.

1 comment: