Monday, January 4, 2010

The Once And Future DLOG

For whatever reason, when the year rolls over, I feel like I should be doing something more...important with this corner of the internet. You know, imparting wisdom or some such nonsense. Unfortunately, my ego only covers my programming abilities and natural good looks, so I find it difficult to make myself believe I have such wisdom to share beyond "If you're not sure where it came from, maybe you shouldn't eat it", and even that has exceptions.

Still, this site could use some changes. I'm working on a face lift, as I haven't restyled this thing in a long time and would like something a little more official looking. I'm also considering not being so strict about forcing a schedule, but rather writing things up that are worth writing up. I'll still make it a weekly thing at least, but I hate it when these things feel forced. It's why I gave up on the need to wear pants every single day, and I'm a better man for it.

So, keep an eye on things, faithful readers (and random yahoos who only land here because they did an image search for monkeys). I promise to at least be as ridiculous as I have so far. Oh, and if I think of anything that falls under the category of wisdom, I'll pass it along. Probably accidentally.

"It is the prerogative of a fool to point out that the emperor has no clothes. But the fool is still a fool, and the emperor is still an emperor." Neil Gaiman, Sandman

No comments: