Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Not Going There

So, today would have been my father's birthday had he not "rung down the curtain and joined the choir invisible" last month. Naturally, this practically begs for me to write a long, rambling text about all that my father meant to me, what kind of man he was, yadda yadda yadda.

Not going to happen.

First, who really wants to read that stuff? I know it's unlikely that I would. Heck it's unlikely that he would. So, why write it? I suppose it might be somehow cathartic, but frankly, I'm too tired to be real stressed today. Any more cathartic might lead to catatonic.

Second, what am I going to say? There were a lot of things I admired about him. There were a lot of things about him that pissed me off. Wow. That's pretty much only applicable to anyone who had any kind of contact with their father (or any other family member for that matter), ever.

Nope, I'm going to talk about something else. Anything else. I'm going to talk about online comics (I'm currently reading every PvP ever written, and it's hilarious). I'm going to talk about why flatulence based humor is funny, and it is (see previous link for excellent examples). I'm going to talk about Britney Spears and the unfortunate conditions of her poor children.

Actually on second though, I think I'll leave Britney alone.

No matter what I talk about, I'm not going to sit here and treat the entire internet like my psychotherapist, forced to listen to me postulate how my life would be different if I had been on speaking terms with him when he died, what I regret not saying, etc. I have a supportive wife who encourages me to talk through my issues. That's more than enough for me.

Although on an unrelated note, I do keep having this dream about a snake in a vest rolling a big donut...what do you suppose that's all about?

No comments: