Friday, November 21, 2008

At Least I'm Not Crying and Telling People I Love Them...Yet

We're running late today. It's not that I don't have anything to say. I'm simply having trouble putting words together in a coherent fashion. See, the Moose is all better, and that's great, but staying up with him and taking care of him left me vulnerable to a sinus infection. As a result, I was up a good part of last night with a crushing sinus headache. When I woke up, it hurt to move my head, so I took a Sudafed, which got rid of the headache.

Now I just don't know where I am.

It seems to be getting worse too. Over lunch I squandered a half an hour picking up lumber for the handyman (who postponed until tomorrow and frankly is nearing replacement) to do some repairs, and felt tired, but that was all. As the afternoon presses on, I'm teetering closer to...I'm not sure what. I'm not going to fall asleep I don't think. It's not like I've been drinking, although honestly if it doesn't clear up by six, I might be calling home for a ride. I'm just really out of it and wishing I was at home under a blanket.

So, another disappointing blog in a week of weak posts. Sorry folks. That's the reality of being a family guy - frequently, everything else has to be dropped for the sake of one of my pod. Now I'm off to get another half pot of godawful complimentary company coffee. I don't know that the caffeine is really helping at this point.

I do find that trying to suppress the gag reflex keeps me awake though.

No comments: