Thursday, November 6, 2008

So Today Was Good, But Willett's Still A Douche

I'm having trouble getting anything written today. It's a combination of being really busy and honestly, being in a really good mood. Maybe there's something to the whole "tortured soul artist" thing, but the happier I am, the harder it is to come up with a topic. Maybe it's because all of my rants would push me towards a bad mood, and I don't want to go there. Who knows?

I will say this - this week has seen some trouble with the morning routine. As discussed, I have the tots on a strict schedule in the mornings. Well, thanks once again to the douchebaggery of one William Willett, the kids are getting up early - about an hour early. So my morning routine, which partially relies on me getting up an hour before anyone else so I can get things set up, is falling apart right now.

The thing is, this morning it led to tremendous cuteness. The Moose was crying for me at 6:30, way too early, but I went and got him out of bed and asked if he wanted some cereal. He said yes, and I put him in his seat, gave him a sippy cup and a bowl of Honey Nut Cheerios. We were doing great, and then I committed the sin of pouring milk on the Cheerios. For reasons I totally don't understand, this set him off, crying like I had taken away his teddy bear.

Well, I couldn't make him stop, and I was getting very frustrated, when the Princess appears. She walks up to him and asks if he's alright, and he promptly stops. She steps behind his chair, and he starts again, so I ask her to come back over. He sees her - he stops. So I ask, "Do you want big sister to sit down and eat too?". Through teary eyes he responded in the affirmative, and so she sat and ate, and so did he. I have no idea why, but he needed her there.

The rest of the morning saw them playing together. She finished eating and read him books while he finished. They did blocks while I got dressed. The entire ride to day care she read him books while he looked on attentively. It's always amazing, the way they interact. It's so good having two kids who care so much about each other, and I'm a lucky guy to get to see that.

No comments: