Thursday, November 27, 2008

Thanksgiving 2008

Because I'm a sucker for traditions (not to mention easy to use holiday themes), we now proudly present:

Things I am thankful for this year

A reasonably healthy family.

The fact that the town we've moved into has thus far proven to be as nice as it seemed before we moved.

A good job where I am appreciated.

Maintaining my ability to nearly always come up with an appropriate (or if I can get away with it, inappropriate) witty response to something.

Tofurkey.

The fact that none of my weird medical issues this year turned out to be anything serious.

All five of our regular readers here at Dangerously Low On Grog.

A family of in-laws who make me feel welcome and accepted, often more so than my real family did.

Only one awkward death situation (hey, I'm getting up there in the years, and I need to be glad that these are kept to a minimum).

Having a PSP to help get me through the dreaded exercise bike time.

Two beautiful, intelligent children who make me feel strong, important, and loved.

One beautiful, intelligent, wonderful wife who continues to impress me in ways that words cannot express. No one helps me grow, challenges me, or fills me with as much joy as she can, and I'm forever thankful that she is part of my life.


I hope everyone has a wonderful Thanksgiving, unless you're in a country other than America. Then, I hope you have a wonderful Thursday. Either way, take a minute to appreciate the things you have.

No comments: