Monday, December 14, 2009

Gah...Okay In Your Case, Science And A Miracle

Yesterday, despite my severe mallstrophobia, I forged into our local mall to take the kids to see Santa, or as the princess referred to him "some guy in a costume" (she humored us for the sake of her little brother). My choice in parking spots left something lacking, not because I feel the need to avoid walking, but because I had to pass directly through the perfume and cosmetics section of a department store to get to where I was going. This is hard for me because I have asthma, and I find that air thick with sixty-three different kinds of perfume makes it kind of hard for me to breathe. Go figure.



Anyway, through eyes blurry with tears cause by the fumes, I noticed my new favorite part of the cosmetics section: the lab coat. I'm not exactly what they're trying to achieve with this, but it seems that certain employees shilling cosmetics have moved beyond mere counter clerks to something more clinical as judged by the long, white coats they wear behind the counter. All I can think of is some mad man telling a lady, "Yes, we can make you look beautiful, but not through normal means. This...this requires SCIENCE!".

The Perils of Modern Science by Travis Pitts
The Perils of Modern Science by Travis Pitts


I'm thinking someone might be offended, but hey, it's not my job for a reason, right?

No comments: