Wednesday, December 16, 2009

The Twelve Days of Christmas: Excuses Edition

I'm trying to get into the Christmas spirit depite someone setting a deadline the week before Christmas (Scrooge). I can't really give shopping advice, but I'm great at giving excuses. Thus, I present to you:

The Twelve Days of Christmas: Excuses Edition

  • 12 Drummers Drumming: Too damned noisy

  • 11 Pipers Piping: Hard to keep that many crackheads in one place

  • 10 Lords a-Leaping: Inquired with UK Parliament - apparently 'leaping' no longer among skills that qualifies one for the House of Lords

  • 9 Ladies Dancing: Didn't realize that it's considered inappropriate if poles are involved

  • 8 Maids a-Milking: Got kicked out of the lactation consultant's office

  • 7 Swans a-Swimming: Couldn't get all seven swans in the bathtub

  • 6 Geese a-Laying: Mating season for geese doesn't begin until February

  • 5 Gold Rings: Lost phone number for Sonic the Hedgehog, my primary gold ring supplier

  • 4 Calling Birds: Feather allergies

  • 3 French Hens: Hens refused to bathe properly and I couldn't take the smell - also, feather allergies

  • 2 Turtle Doves: Couldn't get turtle and dove to mate despite repeated application of Barry White albums and wine coolers

  • Partridge in a Pear Tree: Our pear tree fell down last year and David Cassidy wasn't available anyway (Danny Bonaduce was, but hey, I've got standards)

  • The Partridge Family

Hopefully, that will help those of you out who lack my creativity. Also, I can now add "Crackhead Herding" to my resume, which just adds to my already rich set of skills. Overall, this was a win for everyone.

No comments: