Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Of Course It Would Be Under There

Like most people, I come across thing on the internet that I wasn't necessarily looking for. Such an example is Men's Underwear Guy. (Link NSFW. I'll explain in a bit.) No, it's not the most ridiculous superhero webcomic ever. Rather, it's a site where one man dedicates himself to reviewing men's underwear.

Seriously.

Now I'm a big fan of online reviews, turning to the net before making most of my major purchases. Never before would I have considered pausing before picking up a pack of BVDs, considering that maybe I should be doing more research into what I'm girding my loins with. Really, once I outgrew Underoos, my interest in the fashion considerations of my delicates waned almost completely.

Underoos Advertisement

This individual, on the other hand, has an affinity for men's lingerie that borders on disturbing. This in and of itself would be impressive, but the fact is he would appear to be reviewing the products the only way a person really can - he's trying them all himself. And how do we know this?

Because he's modeling every single thing he reviews.

This is amazing to me. Initially, my inclination was to believe that the guy was simply running this site to work out some exhibitionist tendencies. Well, that or he wanted a socially acceptable outlet to show his six-pack abs and that he's packing more heat than Neo attacking a building in the one and only Matrix movie ever made. Ever.

The thing is, he's really reviewing these things. Every thong, sling and leather thing is being rated, graphed and commented on in detail usually reserved for home stereo equipment. The man is a &$%#ing connoisseur. I was only on the site for like five minutes, and he has me questioning whether I should be choosing unmentionables more worthy of mention.

Don't get me wrong. I'm not throwing out my current collection to be replaced with the shoulder-harnessed jocks made famous by Borat (and yeah, they're in there). Still, next time I go to replace a worn set of briefs, I might consider doing a little reading first.

Of course it might compel me to pick up cucumbers and aluminum foil while I'm out shopping, but perhaps that's the price one pays for fashion.

No comments: