Monday, June 9, 2008

Guess How Far He Can Throw Cake

Today, my little man turns two. Strangely, I'm not dealing with this well. I'm thinking it's a combination of things, the first being that I know he's my last baby, and he's simply not a baby anymore. The other thing is that Father's day is Sunday, and this year I'm feeling a little, I don't know...off I guess.

Currently, the Moose continues communicating mostly through actions, although he does talk more these days. At least these actions are becoming more civilized. For example, when he's finished eating his dinner, he now stands up in his seat and declares, "All done". This is much improved over his previous habit of deciding he was finished with something and using that something, be it a sippy cup or a slice of pizza, to see how far he can currently throw. He was starting to get pretty close to the couch, so I'm much relieved that this is a habit he's phasing out.

He's also starting getting into more complicated games with me. Previously, his favorite activity was sitting on my stomach, bouncing up and down and laughing each time I went "oof" at a landing (I'm only faking about half of them - he's pretty heavy). Last weekend, we entered into a long game of blanky tug of war instead. I pretend to strain and heave, eventually pulling him into my lap. He would giggle and also pretend to pull. After a few rounds, he started really pulling, so I let him win. He liked that one a lot more, laughing out loud when I landed on him.

Beyond that, we continue on the way we were. He likes to throw things. He likes to play ball. He really likes to be in the water (we start swimming lessons next week). Overall, he's just your average two year old boy. Of course, by "average", I mean handsome, charming, cute, funny, and overall perfect little boy.

Happy birthday, bud. I love you more than either one of us will probably ever know.

No comments: